Join a book group at your nearest MPL branch or start your own!
The 2nd Tuesday MPL Book Group meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm in the Board Room. Discussion titles include a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction. Copies of the books are available for check-out at no charge from the Accounts Desk one month prior to the discussion. Call the library at 721-BOOK (2665) for more information on this lively book discussion group. New members are always welcome!
*Books available for checkout at the Accounts Desk
- March 14, 2017 - The Gap of Time - Jeanette Winterson
- April 11, 2017 - Catfish and Mandala - Andrew X. Pham
The Second Wednesday Book Club has been sponsored by the Friends of the Missoula Public Library since 1991. Copies of selected titles are made available for purchase at cost at the Accounts Desk unless otherwise noted. The discussion begins at 7:00pm in the Board Room on the second Wednesday of every month. Call the library at 721-BOOK (2665) or Clara Erickson at 251-5921 if you're interested in this active book discussion group.
- March 08, 2017 - Legends of the Fall - Jim Harrison
- April 12, 2017 - The Tsar of Love and Techno: Stories - Anthony Marra
- May 10, 2017 - The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton
- June 14, 2017 - The Sympathizer - Viet Thanh Nguyen
- July 12, 2017 - Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
- August 09, 2017 - All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel - Anthony Doerr
*unavailable for purchase
The Frenchtown Book Group meets monthly on a Thursday at 5:45pm. The group reads a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles. Contact the Frenchtown Branch for upcoming dates and selections.
The Lolo Book Group meets every third Monday from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. This group was formed as a collaborative effort between the Lolo Branch of Missoula Public Library and Lolo Public School's Adult Education Programs. This is an open participation, no fee program. Books are available for check-out to participants. Contact the Lolo Branch for upcoming selections and dates at 273-6686 ext. 162.
Seeley Lake Branch
The Seeley Lake Library Book Group meets on the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month at 11:00am. Past discussion titles have included Jhumpa Lahiri’s Unaccustomed Earth, Michael Punke’s Fire and Brimstone, Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief, and Zadie Smith’s On Beauty. Please contact the Seeley Lake Branch Library for current dates and titles.
- March 15, 2017 - Where Rivers Change Direction - Mark Spragg
NoveList Plus is a one-stop shop for author information, book discussion guides, read-alikes and more!