Information on outreach services MPL offfers to seniors and caregivers
Missoula Public Library provides Outreach Services to people who could not otherwise have access to the library. Trained, motivated staff make visits to facilities throughout Missoula, as well as provide services to homebound individuals. Volunteers deliver specially selected items to people not living in facilities that the library currently serves. This vital link to library services means greater enrichment and a better quality of life. For more information, contact the Outreach Services coordinators at 721-2665.
- Library Services to Seniors and Caregivers
- In the Library
- Online Senior Resources
- Mobile Computer Lab at Senior Residences
Homebound deliveries: Outreach coordinators visit many retirement and convalescent centers each month, bringing print and audio-visual materials, reference and reader's advisory services, and other requested materials to thousands of residents. Outreach customers can choose from a wide variety of titles in large print format, a rotating collection of new and popular books, and a large collection of paperbacks, videos, books on CD, and other items selected especially for them.
Home Delivery: The Home Delivery Program at Missoula Public Library allows you to request any library materials that normally can be checked out, to be sent to your home. Click here to learn more about this program: Home Delivery
Wednesday Movie Matinees: Our movie series geared toward older adults, we feature movies released pre-1960 and we meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. The movie starts at 2 pm and we’ll save a seat for you.
Items are available in large print format for use with the elderly and others with vision limitations. Call Outreach Services (721-2665) for more information about any of the items in this collection.
- The library has a large collection of recorded books on CD for those that are not able to read either large or regular print. In addition, the library has books both audio and e-book formats that can be downloaded to the computer or portable devices. [Check out MT Library 2 Go]
- The MonoMouse is a portable magnifying device that can be plugged into the television and used to read any print items. Call Outreach Services (721-2665) for more information about any of the items in our collections.
- Publications available at Library:
- Books on Caring for aging parents can be found at call #s 306.874, 362.6108 and 649.8084
- Books on Aging gracefully can be found at call #s 613 and 646.79
- Books on Health and aging can be found at call #s 306.4613, and 613
- Periodicals include Readers Digest Large Print edition, a number of health bulletins, various AARP publications, Reminisce magazine and NIH Medline Plus.